Improve your Oral Health and Maintain a Healthy Smile with Preventative Dentistry
Taking care of your smile is vital to ensuring a lifetime of healthy teeth and gums. Oral health and wellness are critical to keeping the smile beautiful as well. Preventative dentistry is essential for protecting the smile from problems such as breakage, infection, and cavities. Dr. Rekha M. Mahajan and her team at Mahajan Dentistry in Novi, Michigan, work closely with new and returning patients to help them understand the importance of taking good care of the teeth for preventing dental caries, oral diseases, and disorders.
What are some preventive dental treatments and services available with Dr. Rekha M. Mahajan?
At Mahajan Dentistry, we proudly offer some of the following preventive solutions for patients:
- Routine dental cleanings (prophylaxis)
- Regular evaluations, sometimes with dental x-rays
- The placement of sealants
- Fluoride treatments in the office
- Prescription of toothpaste, mouthwashes, and other oral health products
How can I keep my smile healthy?
In addition to having preventive services provided by the team at Mahajan Dentistry, we also pride ourselves on educating patients on what they can do at home to maintain their oral health. Dr. Rekha Mahajan also recommends the following helpful tips for her patients:
- Brush the teeth with a soft-bristled toothbrush and fluoride toothpaste after each meal
- Floss appropriately at least once a day to remove food stuck between the teeth
- Eat a nutritious, balanced diet each day
- Avoid sticky and sugary foods which can contribute to the development of cavities
- Avoid smoking and using chewing tobacco, which can increase the risk of developing oral cancers
- Ask the dentist about fluoride rinses, antiseptic rinses, and sealants to protect permanent teeth
- Visit the dentist every six months for cleanings and evaluations to monitor oral health
Schedule time to speak to our team about preventive dental services
If you want to learn more about improved oral health and preventive dentistry, now is the time to connect with Dr. Rekha M. Mahajan and her team at Mahajan Dentistry. Novi, MI area patients are welcome to call (248) 971-2200 to request an appointment at our facility, conveniently located at 23965 Novi Road, Suite #140.